Laura Mvula




The 'Green Garden' music video by Laura Mvula has to be one of my favourite tracks so far in 2013.

I have to say my hometown Birmingham has brought out quite a few iconic artists in the past such as Ocean Colour Scene and Duran Duran, to which I would easily put Laura Mvula in the same category despite her only just releasing her first EP. As a female solo artist, her music has soul, gospel and r'n'b - a perfect mix for my spring playlist whilst the Green Garden video is upbeat, fresh and involves outrageously good dancers all in sync, wanting you to get up and join in.
Not only is her music refreshing but her fashion style is too, no doubt soon to be a style icon - especially as she embraces the bold, well fitted stylish cuts with hints of tribal patterns.

Despite not winning the critics choice award (personally I actually prefer her to Tom Odell), she has already been nominated for BBC Sound of 2013 and I can't wait for her album release in 3 days time.
It looks like I'll most definitely be buying Jessie Ware tickets just to see her tour in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment