Madrid Cumpleaños


For my birthday I was lucky enough to visit my best buddy in Madrid for a long weekend. With a cocktail shake of tourism, edgy bars and tapas consumption - this city break did more than fill my obsession for all things Zara. As I arrived to Madrid, I was overwhelmed by the individual boutiques, shops and restaurants in the Tribunal area. Not only was I welcomed with a cupcake birthday surprise on the strike of 12, but I enjoyed a line up of touristic adventures on the day itself. Our action pack sight-seeing excitement had ranged from the Museo Nacional del Prado, Plaza Mayor, Crystal Palace to the awesome Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia.

And of course in Spain, I ate and drank like a King. The Mercado de San Miguel was one of the most delicious food market ever. Not to forget that wine is cheaper then water in this place! Although I opted for octopus almost everyday, the different bars and restaurants are noted under my photos for reference. Despite leaving on the Sunday, I was glad to have ended my time at the Bric a Brac market stalls in the Mercado de Motores Transport Musuem. I was told it comes twice a week and possibly the only time I've ever seen the Spanish form an orderly queue - and no wonder why, the vibe was awesome! With live music and arty market stalls, it was all laid on the train tracks under one roof. 

I just wanted to give a big thanks for my buddies Sophie and Laura for a pretty special time in Madrid.
If you want any recommendations of things to do, see the images below!

Crystal Palace at Parque del Retiro
Templo de Debod
Palacio Real de Madrid
Mueso Nacional Centro de Arte Reine Sofia
Mercado de San Anton
Tribunal Area
Metropolis and Plaza de Cibeles
Birthday Cupcakes at Gorila Bar, Corredera Baja de San Pablo 47
Puerta del Sol and Chocolateria San Gines
Mercado de San Miguel
La Bicicleta Cafe and Zombie Bar 
Mr Frank (C. Jovellanos 6)
Birthday Dinner at Clarita
Zara Gran Via
Bric a Brac at Mercado de Motores
Creme de la Creme Coffee Shop
1862 Dry Bar Calle Pez, 27

No comments:

Post a Comment