An Alfaix Christmas

So I've just landed back from a holiday in Almeria, where we spent a week in the sticks of the dessert mountains of Alfaix for a Christmas getaway. Not only was I happy to miss the British gail storm, but the weather in Spain was really nice and sunny. This holiday was more of a chillaxing time, with less sightseeing but more time spent swimming, playing crazy golf and enjoying the lovely villa we had for the week. However, saying that, we still had time to visit the next villages such as Garrucha, Majaca and Torres. Where we walked down the promenade, beaches and overloaded ourselves with seafood. Although I would've liked to see Granada, I'll save this in the future diary for a long weekend. So what were the highlights of my week? Maybe a combination of things. Our villa with our own swimming pool definitely made the holiday, but I also really enjoyed having a paella demonstration, christmas eve seafood dinner and attending the local artisan markets.

With a week full of sun, sea and sangria - it was a slight shock to come back to cold, rainy England. However, it's prepping me for the cold I'm yet to fear back in Munich.

Hope you enjoy my pictures, and most of all wishing you a fantastic new year!




































No comments:

Post a Comment