LOST

Appropriate title for my long lost blog.

It been a while since I have last blogged due to my hectic exam periods and enjoying my last few weeks in Leeds before entering the hopeful yet manic world of London. Spending my last week in Leeds has been a memorable one (or maybe not so memorable with the copious amounts of alcohol involved). Either way it ended with a brilliant weekend in Manchester with my best girlies at the Park Life Festival 2011 where I got to see the likes of Two Door Cinema Club, Kelis, Chase and Status, Nero, Mark Ronson and High Contrast.

During this festival I bought (and screen printed myself may I add) a TXLW t-shirt featuring some bloody brilliant illustrations. The t-shirt featured everything that could possibly be lost at the Parklife festival including clothing, money and of course limbs. 

Having come back from the festival and looked at her other work I have to say I am a big fan of TXLW. Her illustrations are fresh, clear cut and incredibly trendy. As she already has a stall selling some of her work and products in Manchester Selfridges 'Supermarket Sarah', the thing I appreciated the most of this artist is the way she pushes herself to reach out to others. Not only does she create likable merchandise for the easy buyers but she works with different materials and site projects to stimulate reflective responses about everything she does. I find her work bright, young and innovative projecting positivism with the slight tint of 'coolness'. Not only that but she seemed like a sweet grounded person when I bought her t-shirt and definitely deserves to do well.

If you're a fan like me, check out her blog http://thecolouringbox.tumblr.com/ and why the heck not, buy a racoon t-shirt or two?









No comments:

Post a Comment